Project Kitchen Redesign Considerations
Since we have decided that our current kitchen has some key issues
we have opted to replace the kitchen completely. The only recycling
will be the kitchen sink unit and tapware.
Kitchen Redesign Goals
Hence my main goals for the kitchen redesign were:
- Reduce the sunlight
- Obscure my neighbours ugly house
- Have the maximum social connection to the adjacent rooms
- Speed up the availability of hot water
- Increase the space allocated for the refrigerator - at present
this is very narrow
- Make better use of the pantry space - my pantry is very deep,
with much waste space at the front
- Reduce the impact of others in kitchen when I am cooking - have
easy access to glasses, refrigerator, water and wine.
- Improve the extraction over cooking appliances and ovens - I
have never understood why ovens don't also have an air and heat
extraction unit adjacent or overhead.
- Replace the flooring, and streamline the flooring flow between
the kitchen and the library Currently the carpet starts right
underneath the counter stools, which makes it an uneven surface.
Plus, The area between the two rooms is where I do all my workouts,
including kickboxing, aerobic videos, yoga/pilates and weight
- Replace the current wall fan extractor above the stove top with
a full extractor.
Next: New Kitchen Options
Back to Top
Kitchen Index | Issues
| Redesign | Options
Understanding Kitchen Layout Design
Kitchen Cabinet Remodelling
Refacing Your Kitchen Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Refacing
Outdoor Kitchens For A New Perspective